Abstract View

Author(s): Aditi Joshi, Harish Kumar Sahu

Email(s): aditijoshi2479@gmail.com

Address: School of Studies in Library & Information Science, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, C. G. (India)

Published In:   Volume - 26,      Issue - 1,     Year - 2020

DOI: 10.52228/JRUA.2020-26-1-2  

ABSTRACT:
This paper examined job satisfaction levels among library professionals in Chhattisgarh region based on different affecting factors. This survey study is made up of 69 library Professionals in different 7 districts. The majority of the respondents are female library professionals (53.62%) while the rest are male professionals (46.38%). Among the sample of library professionals, 81.16 % are married and 18.84% are unmarried. A questionnaire was distributed by hand and through the mail for data collection and analyzed using excel. Job satisfaction is a very essential aspect that is often evaluated by organizations. The way of measurement is the use of an evaluation scale where librarians report their opinion to their jobs. Questions are connected with Nature of work Professional status, social status, motivation, Management support, and professional development. As a result of a study by calculation of mean; most of the library professionals are dissatisfied with their nature of work but moderately satisfy with Professional status, motivation and human resources. High social status affects their satisfaction level.

Cite this article:
Joshi and Sahu (2020). Factors Affecting on Job Satisfaction level and Social Status among Library Professionals in Chhattisgarh. Journal of Ravishankar University (Part-A: SOCIAL-SCIENCE), 26(1), pp. 9-16.DOI: https://doi.org/10.52228/JRUA.2020-26-1-2


References

  1. Khan, Amjid. Job Satisfaction among Librarians in the Universities of   Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan: A Survey. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). (2013). Web. Accessed 11 Feb. 2019. Online: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280048955.
  2. Maheshkumar, r., and S. Jayaraman. “Job Satisfaction among Librarians –A Study in Coimbatore City. Indian journal of applied research. 3.12(October 2011): 252–54. Web. Acessed 11 Feb. 2019. Online: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/314904023.
  3. Biju, R and A Ganesan. A study on Job Satisfaction among Public Library Professionals in Kerala. International Journal of Library and   Information Studies. 2015; 5. (2) 114-118. 
  4.  Mondal, Arup Kumar.et al. Job satisfaction among university library professionals of west Bengal International journal of information research.  2014; 3(3); 319-330.
  5.  Sambo, Atanda Saliu. “Survey of job satisfaction among librarians in nigeria libraries” Information Impact. 2016; 41-54. Online: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304680001.

Related Images:



Recent Images



Protection Of Geographical Indications: A Necessity
Relationship Impact On Customer
Art Tradition Of Dakslna Kosala Chhattisgarh
Financial Management of Chhattisgarh Government
कृषि क्षेत्र में रोजगार का स्वरूप - रायपुर जिला का एक अध्ययन
छत्तीसगढ़ी में वचन
बौद्ध दर्शन में मानव - स्वरूप की  विवेचना
मध्यप्रदेश में प्रवास
संस्कृति तथा आयु के प्रकार्य के रूप में नैतिक तथा अनैतिक मूल्यों का अध्ययन
Spelling Problems Of Oria Learners Of English As L2

Tags


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Shilpy Kashyap; Sanskrity Joseph; G. K. Deshmukh

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More