Present paper is based on a study of family adjustment among working women of Raipur city of Chhattisgarh state (INDIA). Study is based on purposively selected 136 Nurses of Dr.Bhimrao Ambedkar hospital of Raipur city and 66 College professors of Raipur city. Data were collected through Interview-schedule and observation technique. It is tried to clarify through the study, what is the volume of family -adjustment in nurses and College professors. Findings of the study show that Nurses are facing more problem as compare to women professor in family adjustment.
Cite this article:
Gajpal & Patel (2016). Woking Mother and Their Children: A sociological Study (With special reference to college professor and Nurses of Raipur city). Journal of Ravishankar University (Part-A: SOCIAL-SCIENCE), 21(1), pp.17-21.
- Desai Neera A. Women in Modern India: Vora and Company, Publishers Private Ltd. Bombay.1957.
- Kapoor Pramila. The changing Status of the working women in India: Vikas Publications House. New Delhi. 1976. P-98-115.
- Patricia Voydan Work role Characteristic family Structure and demands and work/family comflict: Journal of marriage and family.1988.
- Gupta, Subhash Chandra. Working women and Indian Society: Arjun Publishing House New Delhi. 2004. P-163-173.
- Sachdeva, Janak. Working mothers: Social welfare. 1974; 21: 10-12, 27.
- National Family welfare and Health Ministry Govt. of India, 2005-06.